Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

710d deer back front loader control valve stick. Its a 1998…

Customer Question
710d john deer back...

710d john deer back hoe front loader control valve stick

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Its a 1998 710 D backhoe i am not in the field to get serial #

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took apart linkage feels like the piston in the valve will only let you dump the bucket but will not let you return it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Sorry its not agriculture it is constriction

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
10/11/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Remove the cover on the end of the spool. opposite of the linkage, this is the end that has the return spring and retainers, It can be rusted or have broken parts.

took that apart and didnt see anything broke and it all looks in good shape

Will the spool move with the lower cap removed? If not, the spool is binding in the valve body.