Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

How do you lower the engine pulley on a Deere D130 mower?

How do you lower...

How do you lower the engine pulley on a John Deere D130 mower?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

O.K.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I am fixing myself. Can't figure out how to lower the pulley on my John Deere D130 mower.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Answered in 1 hour by:
9/11/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

The double pulley on the engine crankshaft? Bolt and washer are removed and you use two pry bars to pull the pulley down from the crankshaft. They can be really tight and can be damaged if you try a conventional puller. See the link below.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician