Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My gr2100, when the mower is engaged and is lifted up it run…

My gr2100, when the...

My gr2100, when the mower is engaged and is lifted up it run fine , however when you lower the deck to cut, the speed drops when in contact with the grass? I have replaced the deck belt.now I have this problem. any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I will have to and get it

Answered in 1 hour by:
9/8/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Is the engine stalling, or is the deck blades slowing? If the engine is stalling, run a cylinder test to see if both cylinders are firing.

no the engine runs fine. I put a new deck belt on it and now when I lower the deck it slows down there is tension on the belt and when you lift the deck up to the top position it runs fine, when you lower the blades to cut the grass it loses power.

With engine OFF, turn on the pto switch for blades and see if the drive belt from engine to deck stays tight when you lower the deck. DIes the belt running the blades stay tight?

the drive belt stays tight

No slippage on any of the deck pulleys or at the drive pulley on the engine?

no, when the pto is on and the deck is in the up position, every thing is good until you lower deck to cut grass then it slows down and very little deck speed. IT was working great till I changed the deck belt?

Correct belt? Same size as the old one? Belt routed correctly?

Deck model? Not shown with the basic tractor.

54 in I will get the serialbelt is the right one check that with dealerdeck is a RCK54GR, #12336. Mower is a GR2100 # 12346

Is it routed like this and is the extension spring pulling the belt tight? The belt should not change tension when it is raised or lowered.

it does not

It does not what? The spring is not tensioning the belt?

the spring is ok the belt is tight

Mower is pto driven from the tractor, so the belt does not change. You say the blades do not turn with power? Pto shaft may not be turning with power when the blades are engaged. How did problem start?

The pto clutch in the transmission may be slipping.

l will check it out and letyou knowit started big time after the belt was changed

If the belt is tight, and cannot be slipped on the pulleys for the blades, it has to be the pto clutch slipping!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician