Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

1020 JD gas Tractor, electronic ignition, fire to plugs, gas…

1020 JD gas Tractor...

1020 JD gas Tractor, electronic ignition, fire to plugs, gas to carb, wont start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I have a 1020 John Deere tractor, I installed a electronic ignition, it ran great for about 2 weeks, now it won't start. There fire to the plugs and gas to the carburetor. I'm not a tractor mechanic, but do work on old cars.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I guess not.

9/8/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Have you checked the timing by removing the # 1 spark plug and watch the rotor to see if # 1 matches the rotor position? Do you have good compression?

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
call me at(###) ###-####thanks
Phone call session started

The problem has to be the carburetor. No fuel through the main jet.