Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

While mowing with my Deere X350 I hit what I thought was a…

While mowing with my...

While mowing with my John Deere X350 I hit what I thought was a pine cone and the mower disengaged. I've turned it off and on a few times, but the mower won't engage. A gear like image shows up on the screen. Is there a reset button?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I guess I just wait at my computer for a typed response? I can give my phone # to conduct a verbal or text conversation.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/25/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Under the engine is the pto clutch for the blades, With engine OFF, check the wire harness to the electric cutch, the wire harness could be off or damaged. If wires are intact, see if the drive belt from the clutch to the mower deck is on all the Pulleys.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
The drive belt was off the pulley. There may have been an easier way to get it back on but I used fingers and screwdriver to get it back on. It appears to be working now.