Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

EXMARK MOWER..... CLUTCH WILL NOT DISENGAGE.....HAVE TO

EXMARK MOWER..... CLUTCH WILL...

EXMARK MOWER..... CLUTCH WILL NOT DISENGAGE.....HAVE TO START THE MOWER WITH THE BLADES RUNNING

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

EXMARK MODEL 582447 DON'T HAVE THE SERIAL NUMBER Diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Serial No. 285954 purchased 5-18-2001and yes I am trying to fix it. Have had broken wired to the clutch several times but them blades will not run. I suspect the electric clutch is shot because it will just not release.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is it.. great machine but with 2700 hours I expect crap like this.

8/10/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Unplug the electric clutch. If it is still engaged, the bearing in it has seized and the clutch will need to be replaced.

Thanks and that is what I expected..... I will work on it tomorrow as a Saturday shade tree job

OK>

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician