Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Have a older jd310 backhoe that park brake actuator is stuck…

Have a older jd310...

Have a older jd310 backhoe that park brake actuator is stuck how can i free it up

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

JD 310 D TC310DA780161

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES serviced oil and flicked switch several times wont move at all Its acted sluggish before sometimes i just turn it off and then restart and it works fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a way to bypass switch to get it out off the middle of the field so repairs can be made

8/8/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Actuator linkage can be unpinned, to allow the brake to release and drive unit . See links below.

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/TP48/TP48822________UN29JUN95.gif

is that pin under enormous spring tension as one manual I’ve consulted warns of spring under loadthen can the attaching lever be turned by hand to release brake

Big Spring is in the actuator. You are not going to take it apart. If the pin is tight from tension, you can use a small bar to hold back while the pin is removed.

Good ok well it’s 30 mins minutes away out in the field so I’ll get back to you in a while with results Thanks for the heads up

OK>

Pulled pin and manually moved brake lever forward Fired it up it seems to be disengaged but in gear It moves a little forward up off the ground but on ground no movement It’s like it has no hydraulic pressure because before while operating brake switch with filler stick removed it would spit up fluid thru dipstick tube but not anymore

So no hydraulics? Is the pump on the front of the crankshaft turning.or is the drive stripped?

That will be a question for tomorrow as it’s gotten late over here I will make another trip out there in the morning I do know front and rear buckets and stabilizers are working so there is hydraulic power to controls Talk to you tomorrow

Declutch valve stuck open, letting transmission oil bypass?

Hymm There is another issue I’ve been avoiding till I get a chance to address It’s been stuck in first gear for about a monthIt’s still in gear

The clutch cutoff valve is on top of the reverer unit.

10 or # 11 . see below.

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/TP57/TP57709________UN11APR97.gif

Great I guess I’ll tap on them and see if can get some movement My Manuel TM 1497 talks a little about them but doesn’t give P/N If I get no movement seems like it shouldn’t be an expensive item Can you supply P/N also is there another manual with better illustrations because my manual didn’t have that drawing you suppliedI guess I should ck power to them also ?

There are three different setups shown, by s/n.

http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt

Here is link to the Deere parts site.

I only have s/n 792483 and 792483 In my book It doesn’t come up in jd parts website I guess I’ can look at actual part and see if there’s a p/n available

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/T138/T138002________UN13FEB01.gif

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/TP42/TP42266________UN01JAN94.gif

AT163601 is shown to be the replacement. Which is the complete solenoid package!

......
What manual are you pulling this info from ?? I have I have TM 1497 Manuel and it doesn’t cover this info

Off the deere site I sent, 310D, using the alphabetical listings, under R for reverser.

Ooh ok

OK>

Well Curtis went out to tractor and fired it up and tapped on both solenoids Put Selectors in forward and reverse and got no response I also tested for voltage at both solenoids and verified no voltage present Could this be the issue and could I bypass with a jumper wire so I can get it back to the shop

No voltage to solenoids. is there voltage at the shifter? No fuses blown?

Ok will get back to you with results

OK>

Discovered fwd/rev 20amp fuse blown Replaced
Power verified at fwd/rev selector shifter And now power verified at 3 wire solenoid No power at 2 wire solenoid Still no movement

Wonder if the declutch valve is stuck open?

if i remove it can it be rebuilt as new part is 1500$
Or should I just remove clean it up and reinstall as it’s in the middle of a sand pit and not the ideal place to perform extensive repairs

Remove and clean or try jumping the solenoid from either the forward or reverse harness connections to see if you can get it to actuate.

That should be the right part. The actual valve is in the stem screwed into the housing.

Ok its gotten dark out here so I’ll dissect and clean up in the morning Thxs

OK>

OK!

I suppose I could wrap damaged coil insulation and try it since it not shorted open

Yes, or get some shrink wrap and wrap it and seal them.

A little progress today installed de clutch solenoids Engaged fwd selector and could hear solenoids clicking Fired up engine got a couple of feet movement then popped 20 Amp fuse Retried moved again and popped fuse Installed last fuse moved a little and same thing It appears something in the fuse panel is shorting because when engine running and touching fuse to fuse block receptacle all the fuse relays will come alive and chatter I am wondering if there’s a way to bypass fuse panel and go straight to fwd solenoid wire and drive out of sand pit

You could run jumpers direct from battery to the forward solenoid to activate it.

Update Curtis Ran a battery direct jumper to solenoid No movement Installed 30 amp fuse and got it to move 15 ft before it popped That’s when I noticed parking brake toggle switch extremely hot at connector evidently power must pass thru parking brake switch to initiate movement So I’ll be picking up a switch in the morning Its been quite the learning experience I’ll tell you what lol

OK>

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Well Curtis was able to get It trailered to the shop Still have short problem but now I have more resources to tackle it Thanks again for your expertise couldn’t of gotten this far without it Now to find me a good electrical schematic lol