Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

E110 mower going in reverse with PTO engaged so mower

E110 mower going in...

E110 mower going in reverse with PTO engaged so mower stopped, which is normal. Disengaged PTO and mower won’t restart. Put in neutral and moved to level area and took out of neutral and it won’t start. Brand new first time using it.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

John Deere E110 S/N 180605ZD62793

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

8/6/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Check the seat switch, and the transmission neutral, which may be the f/r pedal. And be sure the pto is off. Hold the clutch/brake down. See if that will get it started.

It’s a hydrostatic trans i tried all of that. I pressed the forward pedal to make sure it wasn’t in reverse, which seems to be the problem. Depressing clutch does nothing

Hold key in the start position and go thru the routine, including jumping up and down in the seat!

Still won’t turn over

Is the fuel solenoid clicking at the carburetor if you flip key on and off?

Are you there

Yes, did you see my last post?

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Phone call session started
Still nothing

thanks