Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Have a Deere LT155 lawn tractor. Took top off to get at

Customer Question
Have a John Deere...

Have a John Deere LT155 lawn tractor. Took top off to get at coil. When putting back rectangular part just above oil filter is put in with two screws to hold top back on. There is a wire that has yellow at the end and hole to put screw thru. Does this go on that rectangular that has like 3 tiny silver things in the middle?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

If it does, does it go on the left screw or right screw. That's standing on the side of the tractor that has the fuel cap on the rear fender.

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
8/3/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Can you attach a picture?

Already found out the wire was to be attached to the screw on my voltage regulator. Found a picture of the voltage regulator on the internet. Thank you so much for responding. I may need you early next week is this rider still keeps stalling after what I've replaced. I replaced the fuel filter, spark plug, air filter and coil. May be in my carburetor which I will v k ean next if I still get the stall problem after rider runs for about 30 minured before constantly stalling out. Have already taken care of making sure gas cap is venting. Am a girl and haven't worked on this type of stuff since I was young! Still remember enough!! Thanks again. Leigh

OK> in the base of the carburetor is fuel solenoid, that has to stay open as long as the key is on. If it closes, it shuts off all fuel to the main jet. When engine stalls, see if it clicks open as you turn key on and off.

Very pleased with response and offer to help.

If satisfied, please use the 5-star rating chart to close the question and get me credit!