Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2015 deer 100 series (19 hp briggs straton vtek)

Customer Question
I have a 2015...

I have a 2015 john deer 100 series (19 hp briggs straton vtek) abruptly stopped running and wont start, replaced fuel filter-which is filling up with fuel--and pump but no fuel is being pumped to engine. I pulled the hose and tried to start it and no fuel came out. any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

It's a d110==i dont have seriel number I am away from machine

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
7/30/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

it's a 2013 briggs and stratton on a d110 john deer it just stopped running and will not start I replaced fuel filter and new pump--still nothing I pulled the hose and cannot get fuel pumpimg through--is it vacum

You have fuel past the filter, to the inlet of the fuel pump, but nothing after the fuel pump to the carburetor? You get no fuel when you remove the line at carburetor and crank? Seems like there is a restriction at the pump outlet. ??

it's a new pump whre would the restriction beyour above statements are correct

The pump is a pulse pump and it has to have a pulse from the engine. Do you feel a slight pulse on the P line at the pump? On Deere, the fuel suction pipe is in the top of the fuel tank, it may be plugged with debris, try blowing back into the tank from the filter line, with the cap off.

ok thanks

I thought if it has fuel to the carburetor, the electric solenoid on the base of carb might not be opening.

I see the question is still open.??