Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

The gear box/hub in making a clicking noise in the left

Customer Question
The gear box/hub in...

The gear box/hub in making a clicking noise in the left front hub. What might be the prob;em and how can we fix it? It is a 1118 New Holland Swather.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I just gave you the model. It is a 1118 New Holland Swather/Mower

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

We took off the wheel and when we turn the hub backwards there is a clicking noise, We are in the process of taking it apart, but wanted to ask what the best way might be ?

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
7/21/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. if you are hearing a noise coming from inside the gearbox the best thing to do is to drain the oil and check for any signs of metal chunks or debris that would confirm that the gearbox needs to be taken apart for further inspection and repair. There could be a broken or damaged gear tooth or a problem with the bearing or worn shaft potentially both.... Reply back with the results and if we need to dig deeper into this. please remember to take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time for helping on the site. Five-star ratings in bonuses are always greatly appreciated.