Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a JD D100 lawn tractor. The engine starts great but…

Customer Question
I have a JD...

I have a JD D100 lawn tractor. The engine starts great but the tractor won't go forward or reverse.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have made sure that it is not in "push" mode. And I have tried to find answers online

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
7/14/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

thank you

With freewheel engaged, will mower roll? Is the drive belt from the engine to the transmission turning the top pulley on the transmission?

I can roll the tractor in "push" or freewheel mode. It is a sealed transmission, do I don't know about the pulleys

But will tractor roll in drive position?

nohold on let me double check that

So the drive belt is off a pulley or broken.

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/0000/0000240380____________A1.gif

actually, yes it does roll in the drive positionok, thank you, ***** ***** check that

It rolls in drive? Did you have a rear wheel off?

no, I had no rear wheel off. I did get a flat front tire. I checked the belts and they are both good

Have someone try to drive and look at the rear axles and wheels, to see if one of the axles is spinning in a wheel. There is a key between the axle and wheel that may be sheared or missing.

ok, it has started raining here. So I will try that tomorrow. Thank you for your time.

OK>

I see the question is still open.??