Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a deere 2210 compact tractor that I need help trouble…

Customer Question
I have a john...

I have a john deere 2210 compact tractor that I need help trouble shooting why it will not move

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

About how long is the wait?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

The u joint (spider) right under the plastic foot deck went out. In the process it also broke the hydraulic unit shaft. I replaced the shaft and the ujoint. put everything back together and now I have hydralic lift and PTO but not drive not even an inch.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 10 days ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
will someone be getting back to me soon or will it take a while?
7/11/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 days ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

his is a hydrostat driven transmission, I assume the drive shaft from the engine to the hydrostat is driving the input of the hydrostat, as the pto is working. But is the hydrostat getting fluid? It has to have fluid to it or you get nothing. Loosen the hydrostat filter or line and see if there is fluid flowing. If not, you likely have shaft broken from the damage you had and will need to go deeper into the transmission.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
is there any way to bleed the hydrostat? I would like to make sure there is no air in the system since I had the hydrostat open.
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 9 days ago

Hydrostat should not require bleeding, but you could loosen the filter to see if oil is flowing.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
The filter is at the bottom of the case all the oil will drain

What does it have for pressure checking ports?

Not a pressure test port, but may be flow there. Lossen and see if oil is flowing.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
There is a spring inside and it is wet with oil but oil does not flow out.

I think you have no oil getting to the hydrostat.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
ok after some more working I found that if I let the tractor run for a few seconds the well fills with oil. I found 2 more ports like this and found similar results in all three ports.
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 days ago

No pressure anywhere. I have no solution. Let me opt out and see if anyone has any experience on this model. Sorry.