Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a n stx38 lawn mower and when i engage the pto it…

Customer Question
I have a n...

I have a n stx38 lawn mower and when i engage the pto it kills the motor

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I'll have to find the number and model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

The only thing i've done so far is looking at the belt and drive it seems that the mower when blades are engaged it over loads the motor like maybe blade brakes are engaged

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
7/3/2018
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 4 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

What you are describing is a safety switch has failed

it has 3 switches

Seat, PTO, and Brake switch

locate them and use an OHM meter on the terminals and then push the button on the switch

to make sure you are getting contact if no replace the switch

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​