Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a t1560 kubota lawnmower and the foot pedal speed…

Customer Question
I have a t1560...

I have a t1560 kubota lawnmower and the foot pedal speed control will not engage in forward or reverse when I look under on the bottom of the foot pedal I see a broke brake wire but it doesn’t look like it attaches to the speed control it runs to the back towards the rear and to a arm that is attached to a pulley. Would this cause it not to move?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Kabota t1560 I don’t know the serial number

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
6/23/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

The cable appears to be the cable that is used to engage the blades! I see no other cables on the mower. But it may have come loose and flipped the drive belt off of the drive between the engine and the transmission. This would be the cause of no drive. Check the belt from the engine to the transmission for being off a pulley or broken. Here is a link showing the cable.

The drive belt is off along with the spring that the cable attaches to. Where can I purchased a new cable and how do I need to route the drive belt to put it back on?

The wire will have to come from Kubota. The parts list I attached has the part number. As for the drive belt, I don't see a routing for it. It would b in the owners manual, do you have the owners manual for the mower? The belt goes from engine to the transmission pulley with idlers between the idler with flat side goes on the backside of the belt, the idler with the grover goes against the bevel sise of the belt.

No I do not have it. I should be able to route the belt and have it ready for when I get the cable right?

Yes, it should be easy enough to figure out the routing.