Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My lift will not go up or down. i thought to check the

My lift will not...

My lift will not go up or down. i thought to check the fluid. i did look and put my finger in the area to add fluid, Nothing touched my finger ( I "thought i had in the past. I went to store and purchased I gal of flluid. did not help purchased anotther Gallon H fluid same results. a little later i "discovered" , on the other side, a dipstick. that checked out fine. ? What would you suggest now.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

John deere 870 I will have to get the serial #

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I "think" I covered all...

Are you still with me?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.I have been waiting for awhile... I do realize that he is busy. i do have about 5 acre of land to cut! I must at least get started with my riding mower... I will have my cell phone. I may not hear it... So I will check for messages.
6/8/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

You say lift? The three-point won't raise? Or you have front-end loader that does not work? Do you have any hydraulics working? On the three-point, is the knob under the seat open?

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
We are talking about the three point that My finishing mower is attached to. I will check on the knob now ..BRB(appox 3:00 PM EST The knob under the front seat was turned a good bit. I did turn it CW some more.... Nothing has changed
Phone call session started

Try to get the upper link loose and see if the three point will then work.

Thank you Curtis! for attempting to guide me!

OK>Let me know.