Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a two wheel drive 95 Ford-New Holland back made in…

Customer Question
I have a two...

I have a two wheel drive 95 Ford-New Holland back hoe made in Belgium. I need information about the steering cylinder seals. can the wiper and seal be removed without removing the cylinder from the tractor?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I do not have that information readily available. I bought a service manual that turned out to be no more than a parts list which does not show many of the parts as they are in fact on the equipment. I have talked to vendors who do not recognize the S/N or model number. I can only think it is because it was made in Belgium. I have a seal leaking badly and just need to know how to remove the seal. I have the tie rod removed. there is a universal joint connecting the tie rod to the piston rod which needs a new boot on it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

I cannot think of anything.

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
6/7/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Do you have pictures of the cylinder you can attach, using the tree or paperclip icon?

I will send the drawing that I have, which does look like the cylinder but is very vague, I have nothing on the universal joint but can take a picture of it which will probably not be of very good quality. I do not see the options you mention to send it?

On the customer side is an attaching section, I have never seen it! On my typing bar, it is just above the typing box.

Forget it! I wanted to talk to someone who knows more than I do.

I worked for New Holland, but without a model number or picture, I don't know what you have!