Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

JD 2210 mower blade want engage. Deere diesel model 2210.

Customer Question
JD 2210 mower blade...

JD 2210 mower blade want engage.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

John Deere diesel model 2210. It’s about 14 years old with only 206 hrs. Where do I find serial number and fuse box?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. First it would not adjust up and down by turning the height button on floor. Shook the deck and it started to move but when I pull engage button, nothing. First trouble I have had with it all this time.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I guess not

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
6/3/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Is this a mid mount mower, driven off the front pto shaft? Or is the deck belt driven from pulley? Mower model? Not shown with the tractor. Id the mower drive belt in place if it has one? If it is drive shaft driven, is the pto going into gear?