Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Can a JD #5 sickle mower be mounted on a compact tractor (NH…

Customer Question
Can a JD #5...

Can a JD #5 sickle mower be mounted on a compact tractor (NH 4055 boomer)?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Looking at buying a real nice mower (JD#5). Don't know if I can munt it on my tractor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/30/2018
Mechanic: MowerDocMD, Technician replied 2 months ago
MowerDocMD
MowerDocMD, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am here to help you! I did a little digging to make sure nothing jumped out, and I don't see any reason why the mower won't work great with your tractor. The one thing I would say is that the mower was built for an older era of tractors and may not be rated for the horse power you're gonna give it. If you remain aware of that you should be fine. (i.e. the mower may not want to go through some stuff that the tractor can.) Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance in this matter and thanks for using Just Answer!

my issue is with the mounting. My cat 1 3point won't go wide enough. The present owner has a bracket bolted on the differential housing? I don't see any way to bolt it to mine. He also had to remove the drawbar.
Are there pictures that I could look at? I would think you could mount your lift arms internally, but maybe seeing it would help me.

Another option would be to get a quick hitch for your tractor and to mount a piece of round bar to the front of the mower.

Did you have any thoughts on these ideas?