Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a jd 160D excavator. It gives me a code that “fuel…

Customer Question
I have a jd 160D...
I have a jd 160D excavator. It gives me a code that “fuel rail pressure signal out of range low”. The light and buzzer sounds when this happens and the machine will eventually run out of fuel and quit. If I leave it 20 minutes it will start again and run fine. My code reader says that it has 5psi fuel pressure. I have changed the fuel filters a few times now. The fuel lift pump is only a couple years old. What are your thoughts?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/31/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 months ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** be glad to help. Please post the complete fault code numbers as they are listed. Also please get me the complete engine model number from the engine ID tag. My fault codes and troubleshooting list are not indexed by description. They are indexed by fault code numbers. So if you could please get me the fault code numbers in their entirety it would be helpful and making sure you get the correct information for your codes.