Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Pump only puts out 160 psi will not pick up bush hog. L 4200…

Customer Question
Pump only puts out...

Pump only puts out 160 psi will not pick up bush hog

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

L 4200 2wd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I’ve taken it apart clean out put back adjust the two screws on top of pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes I just bought it in pieces it had the tractor down since 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/30/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 22 days ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Pump has to be capable of 1800 to 2000 psi. With such low pressure, I would remove the pump and examine the gears and housing for excessive wear.