Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My dad has a '79 Hinomoto e230 tractor that needs a new

Customer Question
My dad has a...

My dad has a '79 Hinomoto e230 tractor that needs a new battery. We can't find the manual for it to know what battery to get. Can you help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks!

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, we have tried several battery places, but since we don't have the original or the manual we don't know what size to get. I've tried cross referencing and haven't been able to so.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just trying to find the right size battery. The last one he tried was about 1/2 inch too wide.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/30/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

What are the battery box maximum dimensions?

I don't know and my dad's 87 and doesn't remember. All I do know is the info I've already given you.

Where is the tractor? Just need the measure the box battery has to go in. length, width, height. ??

Sent this to wrong guy

??

The tractor is here at his house. I don't know where the battery box is on it.
I have no tractor. U r sending to wrong person
The previous answer was made by my phone. Sorry.

OK>

I have to leave this conversation now. If you can find out any info, it will be much appreciated. Thank you and I'll check back later.

K>