Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

On JD 2320 overheated engine light comes on. cleaned all…

Customer Question
On JD 2320 overheated...

On JD 2320 overheated engine light comes on. cleaned all screens, but light still come on after 10 minutes. water pump problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

John deere compact utility tractor 2320.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Engine overheating light come on even after cleaning screens and radiator

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/29/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Have you removed the thermostat and checked the coolant flow? Located at the upper radiator connection, remove the thermostat and with the coolant filled to the top of the housing, crank engine and see if coolant gushes out if it does water pump is good. Try operarting unit with the thermostat out, if water pump test was good.

Will try, thanks!

There can be many causes of overheat but start with checking fan belt and radiator, and the thermostat and water pump. If it still shows overheat, get a combustion gas tester and check for combustion in the cooling system.