Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a x575 4 wheel drive Deere tractor with a 54 inch…

Customer Question
I have a x575*****John...

I have a x575*****John Deere tractor with a 54 inch mower that both the hydraulic lever and the cutter height knob are frozen in the highest up position. What can I do to unfreeze both?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

To repeat, my X575*****54 inch mower is stuck in the raised position frozen and also the height knob cannot be moved. Iv'e just had it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/29/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

The deck is not covered in the tractors owners manual. But the raise/ lower knob on the dash is the likely cause. You can't turn the knob? Hold deck lift in raise and see if you can get the knob to turn, to lower deck level. Once it has moved, it should allow the knob to turn and the deck will lower. You may need a large plier to turn the knob.

I've already tried to turn the knob with a large plier but It resisted strongly. I was afraid to force it further.
Thank you anyway. I'm having someone from the dealership stop by to review.

Were you holding the lift lever to help the strain?