Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Is ther a tool to remove the spindle. Deere L118 Mower. The…

Customer Question
Is ther a tool...

Is ther a tool to remove the spindle

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

John Deere L118 Mower

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

The mower is about 15 years old and the bolts are rusted

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/28/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Deck spindle? Do you have the nut and pulley off the top? with pulley off you need to remove the woodruff key, then use a block of wood to drive the spindle shaft out the bottom of the deck. There is no special tool.

The four bolts that hold the spindle were rusted and broke off I can't remove the pulley because I can't loosen the bolt. Is the thbolt Right handed or left

Right-handed bolts only. A six-point socket won't turn them?

thanks

If the four bolts can't be removed, they can be cut or ground off with grinder or cutoff tool, or split the nuts with a chisel,