Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Deere 997 zero turn shuts off when I try to turn around,

Customer Question
John Deere 997 zero...

John Deere 997 zero turn shuts off when I try to turn around, works fine going straight

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

JD zero turn shuts off when I turn around works fine going straight

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced the pto switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am doing this myself

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/28/2018
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi ,I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

What you are describing is the Hydraulic filter is plugging

and putting a strain on the engine that is why it is dying

I suggest replacing the Hyd Filter

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

Hi

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ?

Sorry, it took me a while to get the filter, drain the oil and replace it... that didn't help at all. What else do you recommend? The mower just shuts off and sometimes the engine too..

Hi

do you ever get an alarm when this happens or a flashing light??

No alarm, no light...there are no lights like this on a zero turn...I'm thinking it's electrical but don't know where to start looking

Hi

Thank you for that

next thing to do is check the wiring harness for rub bare marks

also what you need to do is turn it and let it shut down

leave it in that position and see if you have spark at the spark plugs

It's a diesel

Morning

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ??