Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I HAVE. I have a L3130 I was driving and it just died and…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a L3130 I was driving and it just died and will not turn over, the Mid PTO Light came on and I do not have one

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

L3130 I would have to go look for Ser #, Rear PTO light goes off and on when you move the switch, if in neutral and Park Brake set eliminates seat switch, I have not looked at fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I do not understand the Mid - PTO light when I do not have one, is their a reset for the system

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/27/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 27 days ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

No reset! But do you have a voltmeter to check the battery voltage? Battery has to be over 12.5 volts for start. Does the glow plug light come on?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Let me check

OK>

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
12.73 Volts; Ser #55578

Does it drop when key is turned to start? Are the glow plug coming on?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Glow plug normal on then off; Park Brake set, tractor in neutral, pto off; mid PTO light on; not even a click of a solenoid.

Work the mid pto lever and see if you can get the light to go out! That is blocking the start circuit.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I do not have one
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I have not had the mid-PTO light before

There may be a switch. and if the tractor thinks the pto is on, you get no start.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I will have to crawl underneath and look

OK>

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Just a thought, I was driving the tractor when it just died, the mid PTO should not have made any difference, it would be like using it.

I agree, but pto switch will keep it from restarting. If you follow the positive battery cable to the starter solenoid and jump the cable terminal to the switch terminal, will the engine spin?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I looked there is only a hole where tne mid - PTO should be
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I will try your other suggestion

I would be looking at the linkage under the control lever, from the regular pto, and next to it would be mid mount switch.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
If I had a mid -PTO it would be down by my right heel, the rear PTO at the back of the seat on the right

Yes, but the switch is on the linkage,

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
There is not linkage and I do not see a switch
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I am going to have to leave it for a few hours we have company coming for coffee

If you follow the positive battery cable to the starter solenoid and jump the cable terminal to the switch terminal, will the engine spin?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I followed the positive, but I am having problem finding the place to jump too, It is different from what I am use to looking at
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
But that does not explain why, when I was driving it, that it just shut down, that does not involve the PTO switch or starter.

It will be a single wire small terminal.

I'm trying to determine if the battery has enough voltage to spin the engine.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
It should at 12.73

It may, but the test is whether it does!

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I figured it out, the tractor runs

What did you find?