Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Deere 5400 4 WD intermittent starting problem. Sounds good.

Customer Question
John Deere 5400 4...

John Deere 5400 4 WD intermittent starting problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok sounds good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replace fuel filter, loosened fuel intake line leaving injector pump, pumped priming pump, was able to get fuel and tractor started, ran well, shut down would not restart

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/27/2018
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

What you are describing is the fuel is bleeding back to the fuel tank

I suggest installing a one-way check valve at the line from fuel tank

to the primary fuel filter

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

MorningJust following up with youDid my answer help you ??Wayne