Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have an early 90's Dae tractor. It will start but takes…

Customer Question
I have an early...

I have an early 90's Dae Dong tractor. It will start but takes about 3 times to crank over every time. Even in warmer weather.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Do I wait for the answer?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am working on it myself. Changed fuel and air filtere

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/27/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Does the engine have glow plugs? Are they coming on for starting? Do they get battery voltage?

There is glow plugs. I give it about 60 seconds or more when first starting. Turn the engine over a few secondswith a little throttle. Then the glow plugs about another 10 to 20 seconds turn over another few seconds. The tractor tries to start. Glow plugs again then turn over again \. Engine tries to start . If it dosent start I cycle it again turn over the engine again then usually starts then away I go

Have you checked the voltage to the glow plugs and do all of them work? Have they ever been replaced?

I see you asked for a call, do you still want it?

I will check the voltage on the glow plugs thanks

If tractor still starts hard, the compression may be low, and to check compression, you will need an adapter to go in the glow plug holes.