Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My massey ferguson 1160 PTO wont drive bush hog. it is a…

Customer Question
My massey ferguson 1160...

My massey ferguson 1160 PTO wont drive bush hog. it is a push button electric start.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I'll have to look it up

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just bought the tractor and hooked up bush hog and pressed button. I have tried with clutch on tractor In and out tractor moving and setting still

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you just the pto

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 4 days by:
5/30/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

The pto switch has to activate the # 19 solenoid valve on the side if the transmission to engage the pto clutch. See the picture from parts book below. You need to check for battery voltage at the switch in dash, and if it is sending the voltage to the pto solenoid.

Thank you. I'll check that tomorrow. what voltage should be at the switch?

12 volts. same as tractor battery.