Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

The front loader control valve is overheating and I am not…

Hi, the front loader...

Hi, the front loader control valve is overheating and I am not using the bucket. Engine sounds like its working harder than normal. When I use the bucket stick the engine idles much better until I let the stick return to neutral. Any ideas? Thanks David

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2006 Kioti DK35.

5/19/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Take a look at the loader valve. The spool for one of the functions is not in the neutral position. Can be from a broken spring under the lower cover, or the linkage from the joystick may be out of adjustment.

Hi Curtis, Thanks for the help. So let ask this. If its not in the neutral position, would the bucket be trying to move?Does the relief back to the hyd. tank, when loader is not in use happen in the control valve? Thanks Dave

The bucket might try to move, or the oil can just be deadheading against the spool housing. The return is thru the control valve when in neutral.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician