Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have deere riding mower 265 17 hp no voltage to coil

Customer Question
I have john deere...

I have john deere riding mower 265 17 hp no voltage to coil replace coil and module still want motor turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I have a john deere 265 riding mower 17 hp will not start engine turn over check no voltage to coil replace coil and module where do i go next

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have a john deere riding mower 17 hp 265 want start engine turn over no voltage to coil replace coil and module where do go next

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/12/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Do you have the early engine that uses the single wire ignition module, like the # 2 in the link below? And you have replaced it and the coil? With no spark. Locate the kill wire going back to the key switch that splits off from the module, and unplug it, and check for spark again. The kill circuit or the key switch can be grounding out the spark.

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/MP12/MP12201________UN01JAN94.gif