Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

On my deer stx38 mower. tried to start a week ago the

On my john deer...

On my john deer stx38 mower. tried to start a week ago the battery was low and it engaged the starter but would not quit when i turned the ignition off. put new battery in. went to john deer they checked out the ignition switch which they said was ok. put a new starter and solenoid on have power from battery to starter. have power to the ignition. still will not engaged the starter.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I dont have that in front of me but it is a stx38 yellow deck mower early 90s

5/10/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Is the ignition fuse good? Located near the starter solenoid and the battery.

the fuse next to ignition is good but where is the fuse next to the starter locatedno but i would like to do this later when my son in law is here and have him at the mower may be tomorrow so what is your phone number?

There will be only the one fuse. Do you hear the fuel solenoid in the carburetor click if you flip the key on and off? If not, check to be sure there is voltage past the fuse holder to the key switch.

i need to wait for when my son in law is here to have him check this out so if you just give my your phone number we will contact you when he is available

Calls are an extra charge and go through the site as a third party call. We may not need a call.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician