Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a John Deere LA 115 lawn tractor. My cutting blades…

Customer Question
I have a John...

I have a John Deere LA 115 lawn tractor. My cutting blades wouldn't engage. I checked the belt and it seemed really loose. I got a replacement belt and while it's not as loose, it's not as tight as I thought it would be when the mower was engaged. The spring seems pretty tight. Is there an adjustment that I can make somewhere to get my blades to engage?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope, just want to mow my lawn before I need to hay it!! :)

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/6/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Tension spring # 11 is the spring that has to tension the belt when the cable is pulled, is it moving the idler?

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/0002/0002959104____________A2.gif

it's moving the idler, I believe all the way

GX20072 shows to be the correct belt, is this what you have?