Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a John Deere 5525 tractor that will not move. The 4wd…

Customer Question
I have a John...

I have a John Deere 5525 tractor that will not move. The 4wd light is always on regardless of switch position. The neutral light does not come on. The tach works as does temp and fuel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am doing it myself. I have moved gearshift and range, powershift lever, clutch, and nothing makes it move.

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
I know the seat switch will stop it from moving and I assume the gear shift and range lever. If I knew what else or if I had a wiring diagram I might figure it out myself. I can bypass each lockout and see if that works. Also the 4wd switch may be involved in the lockout but I think that might be a separate issue, such as a bad switch.any suggestions would help as I do not want to have it hauled to a dealer.
Answered in 6 days by:
5/10/2018
Mechanic: Jeremy, Diesel Technician replied 4 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Diesel Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I have a mechanic that can do the work other than electric. He replaced the rails on my bulldozier last year and is very good.
I can read a circuit diagram, which would help in this case, and between the two of us we should be able to handle most repairs.The neutral light is off ever when the powershift is in forward, reverse or neutral. It should be on in neutral. I made a physical check of the fuses, including the three under the console, and all appear good. There is a john deere service procedure out on this problem but that is not available to the public. A circuit diagram of this would help greatly.I am hearing impaired so I can understand better through emails. Also, I am out of my office a lot of time and unavailable by phone, which would waste your time in trying to call.

I opted out and places this back to the top of the board for you!

I appreciate your good work. I hate to convert my John Deere tractor to a Deere John and sell it.