Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a JD ez track 325 that blows the 10 amp fuse after

Customer Question

I have a JD ez track 325 that blows the 10 amp fuse after using it for about ten minutes. I replace the fuse and it will not start for atleast several hours. something is over heating the system. any ideas
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Ill go get it
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: moz235ajem153744 modelz235 42c 022514
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. By chance do you know what functions are 4 that 10 amp. fuse? Is there a chart on your fuse holder and if not let me know as I will have to see if I can look that up for you when I get back to my desk as I mobile at the moment.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Also let me know under what conditions does the fuse blow and if it is only when you have the mower pto engaged or will it also happen just driving the mower or just running at Idle? All of the above? Knowing this will be helpful in determining which components or what area of the wiring harness might be shorting out causing that fuse to blow.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok so far it blows wjile tje pto is engaged. When it starts i stary mowing thonling tje problem is fixed. As of right now im waiting for it to cool down to sysrt it again.
Last year tje girl friend said it was the seat switch acting up. And she bounced on it and it worked. I cannot get the seat safety switch rven out. Lol i did use a jumper wire with no effect
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No phone call at this time
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the hour meter lights up when the switch is turned on. When you try to start it no sound as far as starter noise goes. But if the switch is in the on position, the PTO switch clicks when pulling it on or off.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

There is nothing in the electrical of this mower that should get hot and have to cool down before it will restart. Need to check it when it quits, and see if you can spin the engine, by jumping the starter solenoid .where the positive battery cable goes to, and jump the cable terminal to the single small switch terminal on the same solenoid. This is a test of the battery, the cables, the starter solenoid and the starter.

If it turns the engine, then we need to check the key switch and the wire harness and relays. We can continue from here.