Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a New Holland Workmaster 70 that won’t start. When…

Customer Question
I have a New...

I have a New Holland Workmaster 70 that won’t start. When you turn key on everytntliggts up and I can hear the fuel pump but the ignition makes no noise. I think it is a safety cutou but have no way of knowing which one. Can they be over ridden in order to start tractor?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope that’s it

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
4/3/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 19 days ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Neutral switches? F/R and the range shift, both have neutral switches, and the pto has to be off. When did you last use tractor, and what were you doing with it?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
We mowed a 10 acre pasture (about 3 hours). Pulled up to barn and shut everything down. Next day we have this issue, which has happened once before but we found a loose wire that we repaired but can’t find one this time.

Look at the pto switch at the pto lever under the fender, switch or harb=ness can be loose or broken.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Ok I will recheck it and get back to you

OK>

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Checked and it still won’t start. Unplugged and replugged, nothing. No skinned wires were visible.
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 18 days ago

If you hold the key in start position, and move each shift lever back and forth for neutral, and work the pto lever, will starter energize? Trying to isolate the switch causing the problem.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Tried all of these and still no energized starter.
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 17 days ago

The neutral switches can be bypassed, by jumping the harness connections or use a volt/ohm meter to see if the switches have continuity.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician