Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 48" X500 that quit mowing. It looks like the belts…

Customer Question
I have a 48"...

I have a 48" X500 that quit mowing. It looks like the belts are correct, but when I engage the deck there is just a click,the pulleys are turning but pulleys and belt do not engage

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

X500 DOM033106

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
4/3/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 18 days ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Looking a the 54-inch deck model, the mower uses two belts, one from the engine to the deck, one for the deck. See the link below.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Do not call. Is it the PTO Clutch???
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Is it the PTO Clutch?
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 17 days ago

Pto clutch is the click, sounds to me the belt from the engine to the deck is off.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
No the belt from the engine to the deck is still on, I just checked again to be sure. Other ideas????

Does the belt turn when you flip on the pto and you hear the click?

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
The belt fromthe engine to the deck is turning and the drive pulley is all turning. The deckbelt, the long one is super loose. and the pulleys on the deck will hand turn. The springs are all okay also. The deck belt is really long and off the pulleys on the deck.

So the deck belt is off. 48 inch deck, do you have the owners manual to show it?

OM manual above, see Service Mower, to find the belt replacement.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
We got it . We were putting the belt back on wrong. It is old so we will get a new one, thanks for all your help.

Thank you. Please use the 5-star rating system to close the question and get me credit!

Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 12 days ago

I see question is still open.??

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician