Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 48" X500 that quit mowing. It looks like the belts…

Customer Question
I have a 48"...

I have a 48" X500 that quit mowing. It looks like the belts are correct, but when I engage the deck there is just a click,the pulleys are turning but pulleys and belt do not engage

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

X500 DOM033106

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
4/3/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Looking a the 54-inch deck model, the mower uses two belts, one from the engine to the deck, one for the deck. See the link below.

Do not call. Is it the PTO Clutch???
Is it the PTO Clutch?

Pto clutch is the click, sounds to me the belt from the engine to the deck is off.

No the belt from the engine to the deck is still on, I just checked again to be sure. Other ideas????

Does the belt turn when you flip on the pto and you hear the click?

The belt fromthe engine to the deck is turning and the drive pulley is all turning. The deckbelt, the long one is super loose. and the pulleys on the deck will hand turn. The springs are all okay also. The deck belt is really long and off the pulleys on the deck.

So the deck belt is off. 48 inch deck, do you have the owners manual to show it?

OM manual above, see Service Mower, to find the belt replacement.

We got it . We were putting the belt back on wrong. It is old so we will get a new one, thanks for all your help.

Thank you. Please use the 5-star rating system to close the question and get me credit!

I see question is still open.??