Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

How to remove pin to remove power steering cylinder. Mf 30.

Customer Question
How to remove pin...

How to remove pin to remove power steering cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Mf 30

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes pin is loose but will not come out

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
4/3/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

The cylinders have tapered pins on both ends, and it takes a ball joint fork t remove the [ins. You drive the fork between the ball and the axle end bracket to break the taper loose.

Wrong info this is an old mf 30 industrial tractor

Pins are loose? here is a ball in the cylinder, and it has worn a slot into the pin, need a big hammer or have to cut the pin out.

I see the question is still open.?