Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Have a1979 2440 tractor it will start but will not get up…

Customer Question
Have a1979 2440 tractor...

Have a1979 2440 tractor it will start but will not get up more than10,000 rpms already replaced the tranfer pump would it be my fuel injector pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Think you

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I blow outthe fuel line from the tank and replaced the tranfer pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

On

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
4/2/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

You could try a test line from the transfer pump inlet, into a fuel container, then see if rpm increases. If not, it is the injection pump, and repair would be to have the injection pump rebuilt.