Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I bought a new Deere D130 riding Lawn mower from Lowe’s last…

Customer Question
I bought a new...

I bought a new John Deere D130 riding Lawn mower from Lowe’s last fall. Mowed the lawn with it one time last fall. (Has 1.6 hours on it). Went to start it up to mow today and it won’t even turn over. Help please.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Got the manual out and I have parking brake locked in. . . Turn the key and nothing. Am I missing something? PTO is disengaged.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope, that’s all I know

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/1/2018
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 3 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

What you are describing is a dead battery

the battery will drain down over the winter

check with a voltmeter if it has 12.8 volts

if not put a battery charger on the battery for 2-3 hours

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

Found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

Morning

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ??