Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 5055d jd utility tractor thah blows the 10 amp

Customer Question
I have a 5055d...

I have a 5055d jd utility tractor thah blows the 10 amp starter fuse as soon as the ignition switch is turned on I replaced the starter but that wasn't the problem the ignition relay can be jumped to energize the starter but tractor doesn't crank any idea where to check?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this moment

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
4/1/2018
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 3 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

you have a short in a switch or wire going to switch

get a circuit breaker to save your fuses

install the breaker in the fuse holder, then unplug 1 at a time the safety switches until you find the one that is blowing the fuse include the pTO switch

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

Found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

Morning

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ?

Went by John Deere distributor and they gave me the solution. Thank you

OK

Thank you