Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Got some JD450 Dozer questions. Well, thats part of the

Customer Question
Got some JD450 Dozer...

Got some JD450 Dozer questions.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well, thats part of the problem...identification.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, the only numbers I can find on it are M53TF on the motor which seems tells me it is JD450 but not much else. I have the serial number from the motor and was hoping it would help me ID the model YEAR...

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/31/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Did you look under the seat front, for the s/n? It was put there on a plate when it was made!

Hi Curtis. I just went and looked under the seat. I do NOT see a plate anywhere under there.
Just to make sure, can you give me a location or should I see it easily?
Sadly sir, my main question has to do with the machine not starting (something elecrtical)
BUT, I want to locate this information for my records AND to ensure I am ordering the right parts.

Behind the seat, behind where your heels would be, is whee original plate would have been riveted. Do you see any indication plate was there? Should be stamped also, below the plate.