Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a loss of power on 29 hp shibaura diesel with 1800…

Customer Question
I have a loss...

I have a loss of power on 29 hp shibaura diesel with 1800 hrs

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Dx 29 2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/31/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. First you want to check 4 fuel leaks or restrictions between the tank and the pump and be sure the fuel is fresh if it has been sitting awhile. Check for any dry rot or cracking in the lines as well that would cause it to suck air in the lines as well as the filter. Be sure you have a clean filter as well. If that is okay then you want to be sure that it is free from air and it is not sucking in air and you have good fuel supply to the pump. Verify the fuel shutoff is working properly also verify there are no air restrictions starving it for air. Respond back with the results and let me know if you need any further help. We can follow up as needed on here. If you have good fuel to the pump in the fuel shut off is working then you should see some signs of smoke while cranking the engine over. If you are getting smoked out to the injectors and there is no air but you have weak fuel delivery it points to an injection pump problem. Let me know and please remember to take a moment to rate my answers. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.