Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Do massey 1105 head gaskets fail often? I will get back to…

Customer Question
Do massey 1105 head...

Do massey 1105 head gaskets fail often?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I will get back to you,thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced 500 hours ago,planed head,got everything super clean but didnt seem to last very long....

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Torqued head as per the manual

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/31/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. There is no way of saying that head gaskets fail often however it depends on maintenance and operating conditions etc. Test the cooling system for combustion gases using a block tester that you can buy from most parts stores with the dye. . At the same time it's a good idea to put a pressure tester on it. Reply back with the results and if we need to dig deeper.
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.