Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

We have a futon 25hp that has no front and rear hydraulics…

Customer Question
We have a futon...

We have a futon 25hp that has no front and rear hydraulics working.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Don't have that with me right now

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I've replaced priority valve and pump and have had hand control serviced.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Power steering is working

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/30/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Do you have oil flowing from the pump? The pump has to suck up the fluid and send it to the components. The oil has to flow to the control valves for them to stop the flow and let pressure rise. If there is no flow from the pup, the pump drive may be damaged.

The power steering is working but don't have the three point linkage or front end loader. Have replaced priority valve and service hand controls. And replaced pump.
Pls message response

What is the model number of the tractor? Power steering pump same as the main hydraulic pump?

it is the same pump and it's been replaced with a new pump

But is the pump putting out fluid? Is it turning?

there is heaps of pressure. The power steering works and is off the same pump

Why is the pressure not getting to the FEL?

That's wot we need to know.

The priority valve has to send the flow to the loader. But you say it was changed?

it was replaced.

But is it letting the fluid go to the FEL?

if I take the pipe off the oil is flowing

Need to check pressure after the priority valve or at the FEL valve. Does the FEL valve have its own relief valve? It would be in the inlet section of the valve and has to be capable of holding relief pressure around 2200 psi.