Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My machine will not turn over battery good silinoid good.

Customer Question
My machine will not...

My machine will not turn over battery good silinoid good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

D110 john deere riding lawn mower

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ty

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing myself rplaced silinoid checked battery check ground wire

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/29/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Do you get a click from the solenoid in the carburetor when you turn the switch on? Do you get a click from the starter solenoid when the key is turned to start? Is battery voltage at least 12.5 volts?

I replaced the silioid and the batter is good and is 12.5
any idea
I do not want to pay for live call
are you there

Do you get any clicks when the key is turned? If not the fuse between the starter solenoid and key switch is bad, or is not letting voltage to the key switch.

turn key to start it clicks
will not engage
you still here

Does the battery voltage drop, or the cables get warm? Will it spin engine if you jump the solenoid? Has engine been started this season? Try removing the spark plugs and see if the starter spins engine?

it has been running just a couple of days ago does not get warm

Where is the click coming from when you turn the key? Starter solenoid?

the solenoid vibrates
we replaced the silinoid

That is an indication that your battery voltage is too low.

Check battery voltage with a meter when you try to start. battery voltage cannot drop below 8 volts.

have battery charger connected while trying to start
battery is good

Use voltmeter and check the voltage at the solenoid when you try to start. My experience tells me battery voltage is not there!

we are done not going to check out your suggestions

So you are not going to find the problem.

Put a new battery in it and it will start.