Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Rather than purchasing a new riding lawn mower, would it pay…

Customer Question
Rather than purchasing a...

Rather than purchasing a new riding lawn mower, would it pay to just changed the engine on my SXriding mower?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

SX85 MOSX85X105996

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

NO, WOULD HAVE TO HAVE SOMEONE DO IT.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/27/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

If the rest of the mower is in good condition, it could be better to replace the engine, than buying a new mower, but the rest of the mower is getting old and will be reaching its useful life. Does the engine still run? Sell the mower, and use the money to invest in a newer model. I would not install a new engine in an old mower. SX has to be at least 20 years old!