Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 748h deer skidder vin DW748HX620650 that keeps

I have a 748h John...
I have a 748h John deer skidder vin DW748HX620650 that keeps running hot the fan turns but it does not kick in high like it’s suppose to when the engine is working hard new egr cooler, new thermostats, new water pump, I think it is the fan pump and motor or the solenoids that controls the fan. Do u no the spec for the fan pump pressure? Also it does have this code 1508.03 witch is hydronic temp sensor I replaced the sensor on the bottom of the tank and inspected wiring I think this is the correct sensor. Would that have anything to do with the machine running hot? And is that the correct sensor for the code I am having. We need this going ASAP thanks
Any help or response would be nice thanks
This is usually helpful but I hadn’t received a response
Answered in 2 days by:
3/30/2018
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

1508.03 Hydraulic Oil Temperature Sensor voltage is too high (cc# ***** above 4.97 V). The device or wiring is faulty.

Click below for the manifold... Inspect it for trash/debris and damaged o rings etc.

That is the sensor I changed and inspected the wiring now when u get time please answer the rest of my question thanks

I can only type so fast....

That sensor not reading correctly could potentially affect the machine running hotter as it regulates fan speed into the valve by the signal the sensor gives. So that sensor fault should be repaired. Also all other potential causes of overheating should be looked into such as. Thermostat.... Water pump.. belts..... Restricted radiator core as if you cannot see light through the core from one side to the other than air cannot pass through it either. Make sure the Shroud is okay in the fan is in good shape. Also a tired fan hydraulic motor could cause the fan speed to be slower. Look for signs of metal or debris in the hydraulic filters that would indicate a potential component failure. Test continuity of the wiring harness with an ohmmeter and check for shorted or grounded wiring. Check for excessive voltage from the machine ECM as if the ECM is putting out incorrect voltage it will throw off the sense of return voltage if you've already confirm that there is no other shorts in the wiring where voltage could be higher coming from another source such as a short. If the wiring harness and sensor are okay then there is a possibility that the 5-volt reference from the ECM controller if higher than 5 volts it could be a problem with the controller itself and even a potential software related issue. Check for these things and let me know. Please remember to take a moment to write my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are greatly appreciated.
Dan, Technician
Thanks it ended up being the solenoids I replaced those and all worked fine thanks