Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I need to replace an "Engine Stop Solenoid" on my MF 1540…

I need to replace...

I need to replace an "Engine Stop Solenoid" on my MF 1540 diesel. The 2 bolts are hard to get to So can you tell me if they are special screws? Are they taken off with an allen wrench?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Need to get that info...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not right now...need to get the tractor Numbers

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks. I am working on a MF 1540, S/N JNB 24803

3/27/2018
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

most times they are either 10 mm Allen or 3/16 Allen bolts

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

Found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

Wayne, Journeyman
Wayne... This is my first time using this service. I got my initial question answered quickly, thank you. The screws I asked about were a real pain to reach and now that I am done I have one followup question. Is that how this would usually work?

Hi

Thank you for the reply

Yes you can ask as many questions as you like on the same subject

no extra Fee

With the two screws removed, the solenoid is not just dropping out. Will it just need to be "tapped" to loosen it from the mounting? I did not expect it to have any problem to be removed since the new on is a original factory part and there is
just a gasket that may be keeping the original one in place. Before I apply any pressure to the old one, I just want to be sure its just a simple replacement. Thanks

Hi

Yes just tap it loose

stuck on the gasket